Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Michael, Happy Birthday to You

In honor of Michael's recent birthday, on the 22nd, I would love to share 34 things that I love about him. Why 34? Hmm, you do the math.

1. Although he is not fearless, he always faces his fears/challenges head on.
2. He went to Barry Manilow with me and my parents for my 30th birthday.
3. His homemade "Hallmark" cards are awesome.
4. Cookbooks don't intimidate him.
5. He sails and loves to share this passion with his family and future sailors.
6. Michael gets Mehandis ready every morning before we leave for work.
7. He dances to Laurie Berkner with Mehandis and I.
8. I am not a joiner and he is... which allows me to reap the rewards of tagging along with him.
9. He looks like Tim Robbins.
10. Hosting events large and small do not make him nervous or grumpy.
11. He keeps up relationships with friends from grade school to college.
12. He has incredible ethics and acts as a great sounding board for someone who is more "gray".
13. He is not going gray.
14. Speaking of hair, he takes Mehandis to Gee's Clippers every 3 weeks.
15. He loves to get silly... and allows his wife to be too (old photo above BTW likely from '02).
16. He remembers all of the details that I now forget.
17. He is incredibly sentimental.
18. Michael and I almost always agree about the important stuff.
19. His family is way important to him.
20. He is a happy camper :)
21. He is generous with compliments.
22. Lies are not part of his language.
23. He has a hearty appetite for food and exercise.
24. He continues to try and get out the word on my Northwestern GPA.
25. He is proud of me.
26. Old sitcoms and movies make him laugh out loud easily and frequently.
27. He handles all of the bills and snow without complaints.
28. Michael loves to learn more and make a difference.
29. He gets a 6 pack every summer (abs not beer) from sailing.
30. He offers me a glass of wine when needed.
31. He doesn't whine.
32. Michael makes the bed every morning.
33. He is a fun and caring dad.
34. He is a great friend and husband to me.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

When are we going to see you guys??

Erin said...

This was beautiful! Very sweet Michele!