Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh... we're half way there!

I was on our agency's forum yesterday and found out/realized that we are at exactly the 6 months point of waiting, since our dossier was accepted. Since they are theorizing that most families will wait 12 months from dossier acceptance to referral, that means we are at the half way point until that phone call comes. Wow!

Since my mind has been heavy on rock and roll since last weekend's Rock Band fun... the song "Living on a Prayer" (note title of blog) immediately came to mind. Only I can figure out a way to incorporate Jon Bon Jovi into this milestone!

Here Mehandis and I are rocking out to another Bon Jovi song. I do believe we created a music monster with Rock Band. Mehandis is identifying Michael as "Guitar Dad" and I am either "Rocking Mama" or "Singing Mama". We get many requests to "Rock it" or "Sing it" every day... the problem (or actual good thing) is that the Rock Band game system is only at the cabin. So for now Mehandis just has go retro and play with his battery-less toys (I have a thing for noisy toys!) at home.

4 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

Congrats! Tizu actually requests to pray for "rock" at bedtime sometimes. We will need to get the two together again for a "rockin' good time". Ha! Oh, and I LOVE the Bon Jovi reference!! I've only seen them seven times in concert. (I only dragged Paul to two)

Unknown said...

Hysterical! Yes, I have also dragged Michael to 2 Bon Jovi shows as well ;) I don't think I can match your seven concerts though. Did you hear that they are opening at Summerfest?

Erika said...

Speaking of Bon Jovi...they are opening at SUMMERFEST!! I think a girls outting is instore! Ryan got 4 tickets online and one of them is reserved for you! Jun. 25 @ 7;30 PM. Let me know if you're interested.

Margaret and Cordel said...

Your son is just so precious! Hi! My name is Margaret and I live in West Allis, WI :) My family and I have been waiting for almost 9 months for our referral from Ethiopia. I was so excited to run across your blog! We have a group of mom's who have either adopted or are adopting from Ethiopia, that just started getting together every 6-8 weeks for lunch. If you would be interested, let me know! Also, I read in your previous blog that you were part of some group called the Wisconsin-ites Ethiopian Kids Community. Does this group still exist? Thanks so much!! :)