Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An excuse to get a new dress?

I won a bloscar!!! One may ask, "So what is a bloscar?". Turns out today is the first I have heard of this prestigious award. Us "bloggers" typically regularly follow and get inspiration from one another's blogs. So this award is given by a fellow blogger to say "Your blog is fabulous!" Unfortunately there is no formal award ceremony or party to attend for this bloscar, but an acceptance speech is still to be expected.

I would like to thank the Academy, which consists of Jessica. I don't know how to make her name into a link, but here is the link to her great blog http://ourevergrowingfamily.blogspot.com/. I recently met Jessica and her husband Jud at a mutual friend's Winter Solstice Party. We had both read some each other's blogs prior to meeting and enjoyed getting to know each other in person. Sharing of good food and drinks also followed, thanks to Rebecca and Patrick.

Keeping this and the first blog have allowed me to not only share big events but have fun with celebrating the every day things as well. It helps keep the stressful things in perspective and make funny little things that much funnier. I am thankful for the chance to keep family and friends in the loop... sometimes I have less good stories to share since they have read them here. But if you know me, you already know I am not that good of a story teller when I am verbally speaking! Blogging has allowed me to form new relationships with acquaintances and even strangers. My world is bigger for it.

Here are the rules to receiving this award:

You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
Sherri D. - the first grandmother I know who blogs http://sherri-damman.blogspot.com/
Courtney V. - invite needed for her family blog
Erin W. - traveling and working in Mexico http://erin-keepingintouch.blogspot.com/
Michael W. (you have a work one right?)
Erika Y.- adventures in Iowa http://erikayfamilynews.blogspot.com/

You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
Using the elliptical at 5:30ish in the morning
Looking for "freebies" in the Sunday ad's (i.e. Walgreen's rebates or $10 for transferring prescriptions)
Snuggling up with Michael while watching PBS, Party of Five or The Office
Listening to Mehandis's laugh
My hair (being cut evenly, looking straight enough when I flat iron it, being wavy enough when I scrunch it)

You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

1 comment:

Jess said...

you do have nice hair!