Sunday, September 28, 2008

Clipping along

Last weekend, amongst a lot of other fun events, the three of us took a trip to the zoo. Michael and I were looking for something somewhat relaxing to do together as a family. This was the first time that Mehandis was out of his stroller for 95% of our zoo visit. He is now staying more "on path" versus running to puddles and trying to enter Employees Only doors. Below you can see Mehandis at his usual pace - a walk/run.

I praised Mehandis for offering this statue a little gift, until Michael noticed it was a cigarette butt.


Oh another fun story, every time Mehandis walked by a bench he pretended to sit down. Sometimes he just plopped himself down to squat on the ground. Here we are enjoying actually sitting on one of the benches.

Notice anything different in the pictures that follow?

Yep, Mehandis got his first barbershop haircut. Michael took him in yesterday and Mehandis did great sitting on his lap and taking it in. Yesterday, whenever he saw a reflection of himself he would smile and touch his head. He is so handsome!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh My Gosh! He is looking so big! And older!! How short of a time since I've left and how different he looks! I love that he tried to sit at the benches; How cute! I miss the 3M family very much!!!

Love,
Erin

rebekah said...

Ok - did not realize you were posting so much and so here I am, finally, to find his hair all gone! Yikes does he look older! And yes, quite handsome but I do miss his hair! Hope you are all well - time to plan something?