Thursday, September 4, 2008

Us & "The Kid"

I have to start off this entry with photo ops from events which happened earlier this summer. I still have not ordered pictures from these fun times... so at least I will have some on-line scrapbook samples now.

Ahh Michigan... a great place to be born and to vacation. Here is a photo on top of Michael & mine's fave hiking trail. Maira and Peter first did this hike with us 5(?) years ago. Beautiful view as you can see. Funny thing that happened prior to this photo - I heard someone say "Oh do you want me to take a picture of all of you?". I was touched and said "Sure!" with hearing Michael say "no, no, no" soon after. When did he get camera shy? I then turn to give the camera to the generous photo-offerer and see that no one is looking my way at all. Matter of fact another family is completely engrossed in their own photo session. Hmm... turns out the offer was to the other family and I just assumed someone was talking to me. Fortunately we both realized the error and somebody soon came to the camera rescue to take a wonderful picture of Mehandis, Michael, Josh, Erin and myself.


This is a self-portrait of Michael and I during our everyother-annual walk around Geneva Lake. I think this around the 20th mile of the 26 mile trek. The next 6 miles would not have me smiling even half this large. Michael & I ended up with bruised toenails, nasty smelling shoes and blistered fingers (actually the blistered fingers was only me from holding the water bottle too long). We did enjoy ourselves overall though... and are anxious to do it again next year, or the next!


So Mehandis has moved from the piano to the ukulele. Thanks to Rebecca and Patrick for showing us the way to stringed instruments.


Thank you Mehandis for showing your enthusiasm for ultimately being another lawn mowerer at our house!


Umm... Mehandis wants you to know that this shirt will soon have to be modified. You see, this was an old shirt of mine that my uncle gave me in the 70's. Perhaps he knew I would be an only child, hence the t-shirt reading "The Kid". Well, we passed this shirt onto Mehandis and he likes it, but knows he can't wear it much longer. Mehandis is not going to be the "only" kid in this family for much longer. We just got word that our paperwork has been accepted by CHSFS's Ethiopia Program for our second adoption!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Congratulations on learning your going to be parents again.

Unknown said...

Thanks Erika! I recently updated myself on your blog as well... and tried to post a comment but Blogger didn't believe it was me. Congrats to you on your new home and all of your race training!