Monday, March 16, 2009

Hanging out with friends and "Cheezits"

We have had a fun couple of past weekends... including more time at the lake, dinners with friends and of course more Rock Band. While the housework and workouts were somewhat neglected as a result, we definitely lived it up! Mehandis now thinks that every morning should include doughnuts though since we went to Bodi's Bakery two weekends in a row.

Michael's cousin Kathy and her family joined us a little over a week ago at the cabin. The boys did a World Tour until 1:30 in the morning. Family nap time followed the next day!

Mehandis on maracas.


Julia enjoyed the drums... but her highlight was vocals of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on the microphone.



More Partridge-esque Family photos :)



Little Ari kept smiling away... such an easy going girl!




This past weekend Maira, Dominique and I took our boys to the children's museum. I had a little delay in departure since Mehandis had taken my keys the day before and "put them away" with the rest of his toys. Glad we found them... just a reminder that it pays to be organized!



I didn't catch a photo of the three boys together, but here are Stefan and Mehandis.


Mehandis was excited to pour his own coffee. He always points out my coffee and also thinks the beverage in wine glasses is coffee as well. No need to correct that right now.



Now onto the "Cheezits" story. I have always prided myself in being able to interpret what Mehandis is saying, comes along with 6 years of speech-language training I guess. But this past weekend Michael got top honors in decoding Mehandis. After dinner Mehandis often gets books and on this night he kept requesting Cheezits... but kept pointing to the bookshelf. He led me to what he wanted but it was higher up towards the adult books. He kept saying Cheezits, Cheezits and I was clueless. Michael figured it out... it was "Jesus". Ends up that Michael was put the books away off our coffee table and one of them was our church directory (pictured below). Mehandis was interested in the stain glass photo on the cover and Michael said "Oh that's Jesus".


"Jesus" is now one of Mehandis's favorite things in the house. He feeds Jesus (as you can see above), washes him and even gave him a time out. In the photo below Mehandis told Jesus, "Two minutes Jesus", and placed him in his time out chair!



1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh My Gosh! This had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Good job in the narrative and capturing the moment! Wow, I guess even Jesus sometimes needs a little time out.