Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Where did I put those vitamins?

After being home for 2 and a half weeks, it seems I have spent 1 and a half of those weeks sick.  Yuck.  Not sure where the germs came from... but glad they for the most part primarily landed on me versus our newborn, toddler or sole breadwinner (for now).  Thus far I have popped a variety of pills, finished off a box of kleenex and treated myself to my favorite comfort food (T-Bell Drive Thru!!!) as I attempt to get closer to that happy healthy spot again.  Although I am still in my pajamas well into the afternoon, I at least feel motivated enough to turn the computer on and blog some.  There is a lot of happiness to share.

What brings happiness to your heart like a sleeping baby boy?  Ooh, I know the answer... Two boys sleeping at the same time!!!  The sound of "quiet" is magnified when both Mehandis and Abera are both asleep during naptime and at night.  Good job boys!

I have included two pics of Abera's room.  It is a comfy and unique space.  Mehandis wishes that the rocking chair fit 3 people more comfortably... but we still make it work during early morning bottle feedings!  I am glad to have the company.

I "dig" these happy Abera poses!

My mom and dad came this past weekend to visit and also offered their babysitting services for Michael and I to enjoy a previously planned night out.  We all enjoyed some outdoor time, donuts, train play and company. 

Courtney gets credit for the Froggy Hat creation!!!

Yes, I do know what handsome looks like ;0

Last Saturday, Michael and I were honored to be recipients of a "Welcome Home" shower from our friends at church.  It was wonderful!!!  We had enjoyed delicious chili(s), cake, conversation and extremely thoughtful gifts.
Mehandis was quite excited to be included in the gift getting!
Although I admit that I had to use some extra parenting psychology to get him to wear the shirt the next day... so that he and Abera would be a little matched set.  It was worth it, but didn't get the camera out fast enough to get photo documentation.

Something else that I didn't get photo documentation of was our visit with my newest niece.  Erin had a little girl this past Friday!!!  She is absolutely precious as you can see from her "announcement" photo.
"Elisa"
Mary Elizabeth


1 comment:

Kerry said...

What a gorgeous pair of boys you have! Congrats on your newest arrival. It looks like you have full hands and a full heart!!!

--Kerry Dunne