Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mid-Way Week One


It is just past the mid-way point of the first week in summer vacation... and it is definitely different than a work/school week so far!

Mehandis has been a great companion (and napper) which has been a blast.  We can do so much more together this year than last.  He hasn't even complained about all of the errands we have been on together, although the fruit bars offered as collateral are motivating.  But let's focus on the fun :)


We shared a morning date at Starbucks, thanks to a gift card from a student of mine.  I have had my eye on our local Starbucks for the past couple of months... as I pass by it on the way to work everyday.  Seemed that people were always enjoying conversation and coffee at 7:30 when I would drive by and I made a decision that Mehandis and I would be part of the morning crowd once school let out.


Had a fantastic play date and lunch with my friend Nicole and her daughter Sophie.  Nicole and I work together and could not find a mutual time available for a work lunch all school year.  We made a date for the first week that our schedules freed up... at an awesome pizza place.  $7 for all you can eat for me and free all you can eat for little kids.  I am not one to seek out "All-You-Can-Eat" specials but this was exceptional!  Plus chalkboard dividers for kids to color on while adult conversations can be completed.

What is better than starting off my stint at home with clean carpets... and not being the one who had to clean them.  Thanks Frank & Steve!!!  They followed the 2 Ryans who came the previous week to move our elliptical from upstairs to the main floor.  Mehandis is beginning to think that friendly gentleman come over all the time to complete our house projects.  I am beginning to get used to this idea as well.



Well I guess I can pat myself on the back on getting a couple projects done myself... such as putting in a new toilet seat (TMI????).  Unfortunately ours doesn't "rock" quite as much as the one shown above.



Leisure time seems abundantly available as I have now finished 3 books... one for every day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) that I have officially been off of school.  Don't know if I can keep up that streak.

No comments: