Thursday, October 29, 2009

35

Last Saturday I celebrated my 35th birthday... and I feel pretty good about it. No, it isn't an age that I ever anxiously awaited (as I did with 16, 18, etc...) but I am happy with where I am. So here starts another list to share 35 things I that I am thankful for today.

1. I have a warm cup of coffee in a Winnie the Pooh mug (a mug that was given to me as a gift by one of my first 2 year old students).
2. When I look outside my office I see a grassy soccer field and colorful trees.
3. I have a window in my office (yes... I admit I am writing this during my lunch break at work).
4. My son wakes up with a smile on his face and a cheery "Good Morning" greeting.
5. Our neighbors are kind and enjoy each other.
6. My husband celebrates my birthday in ways he knows I like.
7. The season of fall is here.
8. We live only 30 minutes from Lapham Peak which offers awesome hiking (and fall colors as seen in these pictures).
9. My hair is curly again.
10. My family is healthy.
11. I am able to run which helps me keep up with the littlest runner in our family.

12. My girl friends still value annual get aways.
13. My aunts and uncles along with Michael's extended family continue to be connected to us.
14. Rummage sales and re-sale shops are hip again.
15. I don't need to cut coupons anymore since Aldi is cheap enough.
16. Tears and laughter come easily.
17. I think I can pretty readily embrace change.
18. While our calendar gets quickly filled up with obligations many of these offer opportunities and outings.
19. Our home has a fireplace.
20. I am quite good at Scrabble.
21. Live streaming music is possible from out of state stations.
22. My basement actually looks somewhat tidy (unless you look towards the front of the house).
23. Digital TV really has improved our reception.
24. Rachel Ray taught me how to make a rue.
25. My book club helped me learn all of the incredible traits of Julia Child.

26. Michael is my husband.
27. Mehandis is our son.
28. Mehandis seems pretty excited about "Little Sister" whom he frequently says he is saving or giving things to (no we do not know if it will be a sister or brother... but he has decided).
29. Martha Stewart has awesome paint color combos.
30. All of our rooms are already painted, so only touch ups really needed now.
31. Our neighborhood has great curb-side give aways.
32. My recent DMV picture turned out well (at least they told me when to smile - sorry Peter).
33. I have friends who celebrate me and my quirks.
34. All of the experiences I have had have led me to what I have.
35. There is much to look forward to.

2 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

Happy Birthday! So funny that Mehandis thinks it will be a sister. Tiz talks quite a bit about a little brother...that is already walking. I guess we'll see.

Jess said...

Happy Birthday! --it's just a number :)