Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Break '09

While this past spring break was a little different than those of college years in Cancun and Padre, I was super looking forward to Spring Break '09 in Chicago! Mehandis and I took the train to Union Station early in the week and then had my friend Dara come in on Wednesday, to join my parents and I.

Dara and I greatly enjoyed our sidewalk cafe luncheon. She introduced me to steamed oysters and the yummy broth they create. I was happy that the lemony dessert was a hit... as I always push for fruity versus chocolatey. We both were proud of finishing the bottle of wine :)




My dad actually joined us late in the week, Saturday evening. We fit in our share of fun though... with homemade Ethiopian cuisine, fireside chats and an outing the Museum of Science and Industry. Mehandis made a bee-line to the farming exhibit.


Mehandis wasn't quite sure where Grandma was taking him on this plane exhibit. But he was happy he didn't need to be buckled in!



Mehandis would be happy to go anywhere with Grandpa on the tractor (or the BMW).


We were all transfixed by the huge model train exhibit. Then Mehandis and I headed home on the real thing, reading our Gordon and Percy books while wearing a Thomas the Tank T-shirt.
Hooray for Spring Break '09. Thanks again to Kerbie, Jenn and Mom Wolaver who traveled into the city to make a visit. And to my roommate (for 1/3 of the time) Dara. As well as my parents who are extremely accommodating hosts!




1 comment:

William said...

Hey Michele! Looks delicious! Where'd you have this sidewalk lunch anyway?

-Will