Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Packing!

We are going back to Ethiopia in 3 days!!!  Michael is joining me for this trip... and Abera will be joining us on return flights home.  Hooray!

I have been quite busy the past month between the first trip, prepping for the second and figuring out coverage for the time I am away at work.  Oh, and a bit of baby proofing, reorganizing and room readying for our newest family member!  Will have to post pics of Abera's room too.

So far I have my/Michael's/Abera's clothes packed (should point out that Michael did pack his own), all meds stocked and available, diapers/wipes/ointments organized and baby sling re-slung to fit a tinier body (Abera's that is... not sure if mine is tinier from 2 years ago or not!).  Doctor's appointment is made for Abera's return home, credit card company notified about upcoming unusual charges and all papers notarized and filed.

Now just have to organize my class list, school schedule, IEP goals, and so on.  But that can wait until Thursday, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy and exited for you guys! We'll be praying all weekend for a safe trip and no unpleasant surprises once you get there. The timing is beastly for a teacher--could it have been any more inconvenient?--but babies come when they come!

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne for your well wishes! Happy to be sharing happy news again :)