Friday, February 19, 2010

Feeling Loved

I missed a Valentine entry, but nonetheless want to take some time to reflect on some of the recent ways, both big and small, that people display their kindness.

  • A stranger volunteered to help me get out of a tight parking spot.
  • A teacher sent my name home on a class list for Valentine's Day... which resulted in many smiling children coming to deliver their treats/cards to my room.
  • My sister-in-law decided to keep her germs to herself (insert smile here)!
  • A friend donned a feather boa with me as well as heart-to-heart conversation.
  • My husband told me I looked nice as I got ready to leave for an out of town conference.
  • Two strangers stopped me yesterday to tell me how much they liked my hair (now that is a good hair day).
  • A co-worker took time to share some of the compliments that families have given me.
  • Michael's parents sent Michael and I some hysterical Valentine tattoos.
  • Another sister-in-law is bringing chocolate cake and ice cream to share with us!
  • A friend who is terribly allergic to cats offered heart felt FB sympathy regarding Chewy's recent passing.
  • The school librarian keeps ordering CD's and sharing artists that he think I would like.
  • My uncle is patient when Mehandis hangs up the phone during our conversation.
  • The students who "work" with my preschoolers always come with a smile on their face and an eagerness to help.
  • Many kind words of support and caring have been shared with us as we inch along our waiting list... some messages coming from individuals that I haven't spoken to/seen in over 20 years.
  • Lots of leg hugs and knee kisses coming from our little boy - as this is where his hugs and kisses reach.

No comments: