Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School

August has moved so quickly! I can't believe that I haven't posted since the end of July. But I guess I have been out of town for much of the month, including visits with my parents in Chicago, an extended stay at the Lake and also a week long camping trip to Michigan. I have fun stories and photos to share about those vacations... but for today I will stay in the present.

Mehandis and I went back to school this morning. Last night was especially hard for me. I was sad to send Mehandis into other caregivers' arms and I was nervous about the change back into our hectic Fall schedule. But Michael and our little guy helped make it easier for me this morning.

Following words of encouragement, Michael fell back into his role of readying Mehandis for the day. The new morning schedule starts 20 minutes earlier for all of us now... as my start time has been moved. Mehandis got up with Michael around 6:30 and they were ready (with smiles) by 7:00.

Before I left for our "schools", Mehandis posed for his First Day of School Picture. Looking pretty confident and excited I would say!


Mehandis's enthusiasm stayed with him the whole ride to school and through my departure. I then caught his confidence and proceeded to have a great first day back to work myself. Hooray!

Oh... and something else to cheer about is noted below.
This was a first for him! Something to be said for peer pressure? Or perhaps we just set the scene perfectly for this accomplishment. No matter what I celebrate all of the different caring hands that helps Mehandis and us!

No comments: