Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome to the new site!

As I have previously spoken of, I felt that it was time to change the name of our blog site. Michael & Michele "did" adopt and now we are simply a family. Our new blog site address, which is Amharic for "family", now reflects that.

In light of our family, I thought that the following subject would be an appropriate starting point. On Sunday I celebrated my very first Mother's Day. Although we were a little emotionally and physically spent from the previous couple of days, it was a beautiful celebration. Michael's Grandma Wolaver passed away the previous week and her memorial and funeral services were held Thursday and Friday. The statements that were given about her inspire us to be a family like she and her husband nourished.

Okay, I admit I am pretty matchy-matchy. How could I pass up the opportunity for Mehandis to wear this shirt on Mother's Day. It was a hand-me-down from my friend Lori, who is a Harley girl, and I think it is pretty fun & funky.

Mehandis made this poster for me at daycare. It is cut outs of his little hands and says "Mommy my heart blooms for you." It is a much cuter picture of him than me... but remember I said I was pretty worn out that day.
This is how Michael, Mehandis and I spent a good portion of Mother's Day. All three of us snuggled in bed, after Michael made me yummy waffles, and we then napped from 12:30 until 2:30. Following that we slowly got up, did some errandy stuff, took a leisurely stroll to Blockbuster, made a great dinner plus jello cheesecake (my favorite dessert) and then watched Juno.

Very fun day... I felt lots of love coming from all directions!

1 comment:

AnneB said...

So how did you like "Juno"? Did it bug you that the alleged father never had to formally relinquish custody? How messy is that going to get a year after the movie's over? And how about that "private" adoption where everybody knows where everybody else lives?